What is Ziena Eyewear?
Ziena Eyewear create a Moisture Chamber- reducing wind, dust and pollen. And retaining moisture on the ocular surface.
They are great for people with Dry Eye, post-Lasik or people who work outdoors.
Do you enjoy treating Dry Eye in your practice?
Make a difference to your patient’s quality of life with Moisture Chamber Eyewear.
Ziena Eyewear are moisture chamber glasses that retain moisture, repel wind, dust and debris. The silicon seal has a ventilation filter to enable some air exchange. They also guard against 100% UVA and UVB. (And they’re great for motorcycle riders too.)
Anyone can get dry eye symptoms from time to time. Your dry eye management can perform better, for longer, with Ziena Eyewear.
Patients can choose lenses for outdoors (i.e. tinted, polarised) or indoors (i.e. clear, photochromic).
What clinical studies do you have to show?
- Shen G, Qi Q, Ma X. Effect of Moisture Chamber Spectacles on Tear Functions in Dry Eye Disease. Optom Vis Sci. 2016 Feb;93(2):158-64. doi: 10.1097/OPX.0000000000000778. PubMed PMID: 26704145. Abstract link
- Waduthantri S, Tan CH, Fong YW, Tong L. Specialized moisture retention eyewear for evaporative dry eye. Curr Eye Res. 2015 May;40(5):490-5. doi: 10.3109/02713683.2014.932389. Epub 2014 Jun 30. PubMed PMID: 24979390. Abstract link
Looking for other mentions of Moisture Chamber Eyewear?
- DEWS II: Recommendations for the staged management and treatment of Dry Eye Disease
- Review of Optometry: Wearable Therapy for Dry Eye
- Ophthalmology Management: Eyewear Benefits Dry Eye Patients
How do you fit them?
It’s important to prioritize fit before fashion. Finding the best orbital seal is the most important first step. Ask your patient to try on several and find the best fitting pair. Then
Want to learn more about Ziena? Ready to order? Call SBR Optics on 03 5231 3405 or order online